In the past, we had Serve901 groups sleep at various churches around town who were willing to host us. We were grateful to those churches, but we had a vision to provide greater hospitality to those coming to serve and learn about our city. The Bunkhouse is the product of that vision.
The Bunkhouse is 7,000 square feet in the basement of the Living Hope Vollintine Evergreen Church
- 114 Twin Size bunk beds between a guys' wing & a girls' wing.
- Each wing has 3 bunk rooms.
- Bunk Rooms range from 12 beds to 24 beds.
- Each wing has 1 shower room: girls have 5 private shower stalls, guys have 3 private shower stalls
- There's a common area / meeting space within the bunkhouse.
- It's equipped with 2 microwaves, a full size fridge and freezer and sink. Also a crock pot, convection oven, hot plate, and a griddle.
- There's a large island that is great for serving meals.
- We have wifi in our space & a corner wrap around bar that is great for students who have to do computer work.
- Comfy seating in this space and access to Chromecast, YouTube, and Netflix--or play music through a 60" flat screen.
- We've got access to other spaces at the church.*
- Gymtuary is what we call the multipurpose room that is also used as a sanctuary on Sundays for Living Hope. Dance companies also use the space during the week.
- We've got access to the chapel, where we can seat up to 125-150 people.
- The Bunkhouse is located in Vollintine Evergreen, a midtown neighborhood of Memphis. Our space is a 5-15 minute drive from many great restaurants and venues for entertainment and recreation.
*The availability of the other spaces in the church are subject to LHVE Building Calendar.