In the past we had Serve901 groups sleep at various churches around town who were willing to host us. However there was a desire by us to show greater hospitality to those coming to serve and learn about our city.
- The Bunkhouse is 7,000 Square Feet Basement of Living Hope Vollintine Evergreen Church
- 114 Twin Size bunk beds between a guys' wing & a girls' wing.
- Each wing has 3 bunk rooms.
- Bunk Rooms range from 12 beds to 24 beds.
- Each wing has 1 shower room: girls have 5 private shower stalls, guys have 3 private shower stalls
- There's a common area / meeting space within the bunkhouse.
- It's equipped with 2 microwaves, a full size fridge and freezer and sink. Also a crock pot, convection oven, hot plate, and a griddle.
- There's a large island that is great for serving meals.
- We have wifi in our space & a corner wrap around bar that is great for students who have to do computer work.
- Comfy seating in this space and access to Chromecast YouTube, Netflix or play music through a 60" flat screen.
- We've got access to other spaces at the church.*
- Gymtuary is what we call the multipurpose room that is also used as a sanctuary on Sundays for Living Hope. Dance companies also use the space during the week.
- There is a full commercial kitchen that you can use!**
- We've got access to two meeting spaces:
- Below the gymtuary & by the kitchen is the Vollintine Evergreen Aftercare area. This could be good for meals or to play ping pong or pool.
- By the Bunkhouse is the chapel that we can seat up to 125-150 people.
- We are located in Vollintine Evergreen, a midtown neighborhood of Memphis. Our space is merely a 5-15 minute drive from so many great restaurants and venues for entertainment and recreation.
*The availability of the other spaces in the church are subject to LHVE Building Calendar.
**The kitchen and Aftercare area are in use between the hours of 2pm-6pm when local schools are in session. As of May 8, 2017, this kitchen's oven is not useable.